Artist registration dates for 2018 will be announced after this year’s tour.
Artist registration for the 2017 tour is closed, it was open from March 15th to May 1st. The link to online registration is at the bottom of this page but we recommend that you read the registration steps first. Now that we are approaching the deadline for registration we highly recommend that you pay online rather than by mailing in a check.
The step to register are:
- Prepare an artist statement up to 150 words in length. This should be written in the first person. You will need this to complete the online registration.
- We need three high quality photos of your artwork. These will be used in the catalog and on the web. Minimum size is 2400 pixels minimum on the longest side, no larger than 5mb. We ask that you use a naming format that assists us in organizing all of the images we receive. The naming format should be LASTNAME_FirstInitial_Image#.
- Fill in the online registration form using the link at the bottom of this page. If you chose to pay by check follow the instructions from Eventzilla for mailing the check.
- SEND IMAGES TO: email@example.com. Please name your photos with your last name underscore first name then image # 1 #2 etc. Please make sure you can provide your images and information by May 1, 2017.
- Please use our contact form if you have any questions about registration.
The Washington County Artists Open Studio Tour is a project of the Washington County Art Alliance and is made possible with the generous time and donations of the artists, friends and sponsors allowing each artist to open their door free of charge to the public. Artists with studios within the Washington County borders are eligible to be a part of the tour.
The fee to participate for Artists is $125.00. The fee for local Art Galleries to participate is $250.00 You will be required to open your studio to the public from 11am to 5pm on Saturday, October 21, and Sunday October 22, 2017.
Your Studio will will listed on a half page within the full color catalog tour guide published prior to the tour. Each studio/gallery will receive a supply of the guides that are free of charge to the public and the artist, to hand out prior to and on the day of the event. Additionally the tour will provide the very popular bookmarks for all tour attendees and to be used by artists for promotion.
As an artist on the tour, you will be featured in social media promotion throughout the year until registration for the following year commences. You will be expected to attend meetings for the tour, that will bring you up to date on next steps, to hand out catalogs (tour guides) and to pick up yard signs and to return clean yard signs.
Artist registration funds approx. 15% of the tour expenses, fundraising supplies the majority of the funds that allow us, as volunteers, to print catalogs, yard signs and organize the event. We ask each artist to assist with obtaining sponsors for the tour from their local area to assist in supporting the Arts and this tour in particular.
If you need to cancel please do so prior to the registration cutoff. We will retain a cancellation fee of $5 to cover fees we incur.
Online registration using Eventzilla
Here is the link to the online registration page.