Artist registration dates for 2018 will be begin on March 1st and continue until May 1st. Registration must be completed online, a link will be posted once registration opens.
Registration is open to artists whose studio is in Washington County or galleries located within Washington County. Participation fees for Artists is $125.00; the fee for Galleries is $250.00. You will be required to open your studio or gallery and be present to the public from 11am to 5pm on Saturday, October 20, and Sunday October 21, 2018. Artists may share their studio space with another artist, however each artist must pay a registration fee.
The step to register are:
- Prepare an artist statement up to 150 words in length. This should be written in the first person. You will need this to complete the online registration. We recommend that you compose your statement in a text document, then cut and paste it to the registration form. Check all your spelling and punctuation.
- Prepare three high quality photos of your artwork. These will be used in the catalog and on the web. Minimum size is 2400 pixels minimum on the longest side, no larger than 5mb. We require that you use a naming format that assists us in organizing all of the images we receive. The naming format should be LASTNAME_FirstInitial_Image#. SEND IMAGES TO: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photos not received according to these guidelines will be returned; photo submission incomplete by May 1st will cancel registration.
- Fill in the online registration form using the link at the bottom of this page beginning March 1st. Complete all information; check your spelling. Make sure your email contact is one that you regularly check; it will be our main form of communication with you.
- Make your payment. You can pay on line at registration; you do not need a paypal account to do so. If you choose to pay by check, follow the instructions on registration form. Failure to pay by May 1st will cancel registration. Our mailing address is 6107 SW Murray Blvd, #299, Beaverton OR 97008.
- Please use our contact form if you have any questions about registration.
The Washington County Artists Open Studio Tour is a project of the Washington County Art Alliance and is made possible with the generous time and donations of the artists, friends and sponsors allowing each artist to open their door free of charge to the public. Artists with studios within the Washington County borders are eligible to be a part of the tour.
Participating artists’ studios will be listed on a half page within the full color catalog tour guide published prior to the tour. Each studio/gallery will receive a supply of the guides that are free of charge to the public and the artist, to hand out prior to and on the day of the event. Additionally, the tour will provide the very popular bookmarks for all tour attendees and to be used by artists for promotion.
The Washington County Open Studios tour is a product the participating artists. Monthly planning meetings provide volunteer opportunities and will bring you up to date on next steps. Materials such as signs and catalogs are handed out at a mandatory meeting in late August.
Fundraising supplies the majority of the monies that allow us, as volunteers, to print catalogs, yard signs and organize the event. We ask each artist to assist with obtaining sponsors for the tour from their local area. Our organization is a non-profit; financial support is tax deductible.
Registration may be cancelled by artists and galleries before May 1st without any fees. From May1 st to July 1st, a $25 fee will apply to any cancellations.